Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support - This ACLS course in Calgary is designed specifically for healthcare providers who either direct or participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest or other cardiovascular emergencies, and who will regularly use ACLS skills within their scope of practice. This advanced course builds on skills and knowledge acquired on our Basic Life Support (BLS) course. The course gives students the opportunity to practice and demonstrate proficiency in continuous, high-quality CPR, high-performance team dynamics and communication, systems of care, recognition and intervention of cardiopulmonary arrest, acute dysrhythmia, stroke, and acute coronary syndromes. Students practice the application of these and other skills in simulated cases and will practice both team leader and team member roles. Schedule your spot for our course of ACLS in Calgary.
You will receive an email with instructions on how to access the Heart & Stroke online learning portal within 1 business day of registration.
Classroom learning includes essential hands-on skills practice and skills testing necessary to support life-saving care during a cardiovascular emergency. Participants must complete Part 1 before attending.
Bring your certificate of completion to Part 2 as proof of eligibility. Complete Part 2 in order to receive your two-year certification.
Part 1: 6 hours online learning
Part 2: 7.5 hours in-class time
2-year certification in Heart & Stroke: ACLS.
Part 1 & 2: $274 + GST
- Attend all teaching and testing sessions of the ACLS course.
- Obtain at least 84% on the mandatory written exam.
- Successfully complete all skills evaluation stations.
The Calgary ACLS course leverages a student’s existing clinical skills, knowledge and proficiency. The following competencies are expected of students entering an ACLS Provider course:
- High-quality BLS
- Recognition of common cardiac ECG rhythms
- Effective airway management and use of adjuncts
- Knowledge of cardiac pharmacology
- Practical management of complex cases
- High-performance team skills
Please note, Part 1 must be completed prior Part 2. The date you're selecting is for Part 2.
Successful completion of ACLS does NOT automatically renew your BLS. Your BLS must be current at the time of your ACLS. You can select to add-on a BLS Renewal to be included in your ACLS course for $59 + GST.
Upcoming ACLS Courses in Calgary:
- Sunday, September 19 -- 9:00am - 4:30pm
- Sunday, October 10 -- 9:00am - 4:30pm
- Sunday, November 14 -- 9:00am - 4:30pm
- Wednesday, November 17 -- 9:00am - 4:30pm
- Sunday, December 5 -- 9:00am - 4:30pm
- Wednesday, December 15 -- 9:00am - 4:30pm
Heart & Stroke issues digital certificates by email to all successful participants.