The ACLS Provider Renewal course is intended for highly-proficient ACLS providers who regularly direct or participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest or other cardiovascular emergencies, and who will regularly use ACLS skills within their scope of practice.
This is a fast-paced course that gives students the opportunity to demonstrate understanding of the core ACLS program (high-quality CPR, high-performance team dynamics and communication, systems of care, recognition and intervention of cardiopulmonary arrest, acute dysrhythmia, stroke, and acute coronary syndromes) through written and skills assessment in a concentrated program.
Candidates must meet all 3 of the following prerequisites:
- Current Heart & Stroke BLS Provider certification (OR have selected the BLS add-on)
- Current Heart & Stroke ACLS Provider certification
- ACLS pre-course self-assessment certificate (passing score = 70%)
2-year certification in Heart & Stroke: ACLS.
$224 + GST.
- Attend all teaching and testing sessions of the ACLS course.
- Obtain at least 84% on the mandatory written exam.
- Successfully complete all skills evaluation stations.
The ACLS Provider Renewal course leverages an ACLS provider’s existing clinical skills, knowledge and proficiency. The following competencies are expected of students entering an ACLS Provider Renewal course:
- High-quality BLS
- Recognition of common cardiac ECG rhythms
- Effective airway management and use of adjuncts
- Knowledge of cardiac pharmacology
- Practical management of complex cases
- High-performance team skills
Upcoming ACLS Renewal Courses in Calgary
- Wednesday, July 21, 2021 - 12:45 - 4:30pm
- Sunday, July 25, 2021 - 12:45 - 4:30pm
- Wednesday, August 4, 2021 - 12:45 - 4:30pm
- Sunday, August 22, 2021 - 12:45 - 4:30pm
Heart & Stroke issues digital certificates by email to all successful participants.