The Basic Life Support Course in Calgary is an instructor-led fundamental course for all healthcare and emergency medical providers, intended to help you improve patient outcomes. You will learn single- and multi-rescuer basic life support skills with a focus on high-quality CPR and team dynamics in a wide variety of prehospital or in-facility settings. BLS is a pre-requisite for advanced resuscitation courses and many healthcare-related training programs. Current certification is often required for employment in the healthcare field. Schedule your spot at our course of BLS in Calgary.
This course was formerly known as HCP CPR (Healthcare Provider CPR). BLS has replaced HCP CPR and is the new industry standard for CPR for Healthcare Providers.
Note: If you work or plan to work for Alberta Health Services, you likely require Heart & Stroke: Basic Life Support, ie. this course.
1-year certification in Basic Life Support (BLS).
$84 + GST
Click here to compare.
- Successfully pass skill test requirements.
- 100% attendance and participation.
- 84% min. passing grade on a written exam.
- High-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
- Chain of Survival
- Use of an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Ventilations using a barrier device and bag-valve-mask
- Multi-rescuer resuscitation
- Team Dynamics
- Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults, children, and infants
Our Calgary Basic Life Support Course is Offered Weekly
- Sundays from 9:00am - 12:30pm
- Tuesdays from 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Thursdays from 9:00am - 12:30pm
Heart & Stroke issues digital certificates by email to all successful participants.