BLS Provider is an instructor-led fundamental course for all healthcare and emergency medical providers, intended to help you improve patient outcomes. You will learn single- and multi-rescuer basic life support skills with a focus on high-quality CPR and team dynamics in a wide variety of prehospital or in-facility settings. BLS is a pre-requisite for advanced resuscitation courses and many healthcare-related training programs. Current certification is often required for employment in the healthcare field.
Note: If you work or plan to work for Alberta Health Services, you likely require Heart & Stroke: Basic Life Support, ie. this course.
The BLS Blended 120 format is designed for first time BLS learners and/or those who do not use their BLS skills on a regular basis. After successfully passing the online component (self-directed, but typically approx. 1 - 2 hours), students attend a 2-hour in-person skills practice and evaluation session.
Part 1: Online.
Part 2: 2 hours.
1-year certification in Basic Life Support (BLS).
$84 + GST
Click here to compare.
- Successfully pass skill test requirements.
- 100% attendance and participation.
- 84% min. passing grade on a written, open-book exam.
- High-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
- Chain of Survival
- Use of an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Ventilations using a barrier device and bag-valve-mask
- Multi-rescuer resuscitation
- Team Dynamics
- Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults, children, and infants
Heart & Stroke issues digital certificates by email to all successful participants.