BLS Provider is an instructor-led fundamental course for all healthcare and emergency medical providers, intended to help you improve patient outcomes. You will learn single- and multi-rescuer basic life support skills with a focus on high-quality CPR and team dynamics in a wide variety of prehospital or in-facility settings. BLS is a pre-requisite for advanced resuscitation courses and many healthcare-related training programs. Current certification is often required for employment in the healthcare field.
Note: If you work or plan to work for Alberta Health Services, you likely require Heart & Stroke: Basic Life Support, ie. this course.
The BLS Blended 90 format is designed for BLS learners who are confident in their BLS skills, but don’t use them routinely in their normal practice. After successfully passing the online component (self-directed, but typically approx. 1 – 2 hours), students attend a 90 minute in-person skills practice and evaluation session.
Part 1: Online.
Part 2: 1.5 hours.
1-year certification in Basic Life Support (BLS).
$74 + GST
Click here to compare.
- Successfully pass skill test requirements.
- 100% attendance and participation.
- 84% min. passing grade on a written, open-book exam.
- High-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
- Chain of Survival
- Use of an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Ventilations using a barrier device and bag-valve-mask
- Multi-rescuer resuscitation
- Team Dynamics
- Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults, children, and infants
Heart & Stroke issues digital certificates by email to all successful participants.