BLS Provider Renewal course is a fast-paced course designed for experienced healthcare providers; covering single-rescuer and multi-rescuer basic life support skills for application in both prehospital and in-facility environments, with a focus on high-quality CPR and team dynamics. The BLS Provider Renewal course assumes comprehensive awareness, knowledge and skill proficiency in Heart & Stroke BLS concepts. The course is best suited to healthcare providers who use BLS skills regularly and therefore require limited practice to be successful.
Note: If you work or plan to work for Alberta Health Services, you likely require Heart & Stroke: Basic Life Support, ie. this course.
Current Heart & Stroke BLS Provider certification
1-year certification in Basic Life Support (BLS).
$64 + GST
Click here to compare.
- Successfully pass skill test requirements.
- 100% attendance and participation.
- 84% min. passing grade on a written exam.
- High-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
- Chain of Survival
- Use of an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Ventilations using a barrier device and bag-valve-mask
- Multi-rescuer resuscitation
- Team Dynamics
- Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults, children, and infants
- Sundays, 2:00pm - 4:00pm
- Wednesdays, 6:00pm - 8:00pm
- Thursdays, 2:00pm - 4:00pm
Heart & Stroke issues digital certificates by email to all successful participants.