Comprehensive two-day course designed to meet the needs of those expected to provide first aid in a marine environment. Course uses a combination of lecture, discussion, and scenarios taken from the marine/fishing industry to teach the required knowledge and skills. Course meets the requirements of Transport Canada outlined in Transport Publication (TP) 13008 E.
3-year certification in Red Cross: Marine Basic First Aid.
$149 + GST.
- Ability to comprehend and successfully demonstrate all required skills, including critical steps.
- 100% attendance and participation.
- 75% min. passing grade on a written, closed book knowledge evaluation.
- Adherence to the Fundamental Principles.
- The Red Cross
- Responding to Emergencies
- The EMS system
- Check, Call, Care
- Airway emergencies
- Breathing and Circulation emergencies
- First aid for respiratory and cardiac arrest - adult
- Wound care
- Head and spine injuries
- Bone, muscle and joint injuries
- Sudden Medical Emergencies
- Environmental Emergencies
- Monday - Tuesday, 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Saturday - Sunday, 9:00am - 5:00pm
Please note, as per federal regulations, this certification can not be recertified, you will be required to attend the full course again.
The Canadian Red Cross issues digital certificates by email to all successful participants.