Comprehensive two-day course offering lifesaving first aid skills, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) skills, and injury prevention skills and knowledge, with a focus on childhood injuries and illnesses. Includes the latest first aid and CPR guidelines and meets legislation requirements for provincial/territorial early childhood education and day care worker safety requirements.
3-year certification in Standard Child Care First Aid with CPR B & AED
$124 + GST
Click here to compare.
- Ability to comprehend and successfully demonstrate all required skills, including critical steps.
- 100% attendance and participation.
- 75% min. passing grade on a written, closed book knowledge evaluation.
- Adherence to the Fundamental Principles.
- The Red Cross
- Responding to Emergencies
- The EMS system
- Check, Call, Care
- Airway emergencies
- Breathing and Circulation emergencies - child and baby
- First aid for respiratory and cardiac arrest – child and baby
- Wound care
- Head, Neck and spinal injuries
- Bone, Muscle and Joint injuries
- Sudden Medical Emergencies
- Environmental Illnesses
- Childhood Illnesses
- Caring for Children
- Monday - Tuesday, 9:00am - 5:00pm
The Canadian Red Cross issues digital certificates by email to all successful participants.