Comprehensive course offering first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) skills for those who need training due to work requirements or who want more knowledge to respond to emergencies at home. The course meets legislation requirements for provincial/territorial worker safety and insurance boards and includes the latest first aid and CPR guidelines.
This Red Cross: Standard First Aid with CPR C and AED course is Alberta workplace approved.
You must bring your valid (non-expired) Alberta workplace approved Standard First Aid with CPR C and AED certificate.
3-year certification in Standard First Aid with CPR C and AED.
$94 + GST
Click here to compare.
- Ability to comprehend and successfully demonstrate all required skills, including critical steps.
- 100% attendance and participation.
- 75% min. passing grade on a written, closed book knowledge evaluation.
- Adherence to the Fundamental Principles.
- The Red Cross
- Preparing to respond
- The EMS system
- Check, Call, Care
- Airway emergencies
- Breathing and Circulation emergencies
- First aid for respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Wound care
- Head and spine injuries
- Bone, muscle and joint injuries
- Sudden Medical Emergencies
- Environmental Emergencies
- Includes any other content required by specific legislation
- Wednesdays, 9:00am - 4:30pm
- Fridays, 9:00am - 4:30pm
- Saturdays, 9:00am - 4:30pm
The Canadian Red Cross issues digital certificates by email to all successful participants.
The only way to know the correct first aid & CPR course right for you is to contact the organization that is requiring the certification and ask them what course you need. If you require certification for your profession or school program you will usually have documentation providing the specific course title you require. If you are not sure which workplace course you need, as a general rule, you should do the 2 Day – Standard First Aid with CPR C and AED. You can’t go wrong with more training.