The PALS Provider Renewal course is a fast-paced course. It is designed for proficient PALS providers who regularly direct or participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest or other cardiovascular emergencies in critically ill or injured children. This course assumes a comprehensive awareness, knowledge and skill proficiency in PALS concepts, and is best suited for providers who use these skills frequently and therefore require limited practice to be successful.
Learners will practice and apply their knowledge to case scenarios applying the proven systematic approach to pediatric assessment, treatment algorithms and coordinated high-performance team dynamics, in both team leader and team member roles.
Candidates must meet all 3 of the following prerequisites:
- Current Heart & Stroke BLS Provider certification (OR have selected the BLS add-on)
- Current Heart & Stroke PALS Provider certification
- PALS pre-course self-assessment certificate (passing score = 70%)
2-year certification in Heart & Stroke: PALS.
$224 + GST.
- Attend all teaching and testing sessions of the PALS course.
- Obtain at least 84% on the mandatory written exam.
- Successfully complete all skills evaluation stations.
The PALS Provider Renewal course leverages a student’s existing clinical skills, knowledge and proficiency. The following competencies are expected of students entering a PALS Provider Renewal course:
- High-quality BLS
- Recognition of common pediatric cardiac ECG rhythms
- Effective airway management and use of adjuncts
- Knowledge of pediatric cardiopulmonary pharmacology
- Practical management of complex cases
- High-performance team skills
Successful completion of PALS does NOT automatically renew your BLS. Your BLS must be current at the time of your PALS. You can select to add-on a BLS Renewal to be included in your PALS course for $59 + GST.
Upcoming PALS Renewal Courses in Calgary
- Coming soon…
Heart & Stroke issues digital certificates by email to all successful participants.