This Advanced First Aid course in Calgary builds on the knowledge and skills within the Emergency Care for Professional Responders portfolio, learners will gain the knowledge and skills needed to provide appropriate patient assessments, interventions, and ongoing care in the workplace. The various options for transportation of an injured worker from the workplace to a healthcare facility are also covered. This course also meets the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) Standard Z1210-17 – Advanced and is equivalent to an OFA 3 in British Columbia.
This course may be required to fulfill first aid and safety expectations within the Workplace (Industry) or as a pre-requisite to enter into Law Enforcement, Firefighting or other professional programs.
As per Calgary Fire Recruitment, this course fulfills the entry requirements specific to: Advanced First Aid certificate from a Canadian Red Cross provider AND Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification at the Basic Life Support (BLS) level.
This Red Cross: Advanced First Aid course is Alberta workplace approved.
Alberta workplace approved Standard First Aid with CPR C/AED.
3-year certification in Advanced First Aid with BLS (Basic Life Support CPR).
$999 + GST
- Successfully demonstrate the required skills
- Minimum 75% mark for written, closed book, knowledge evaluation
- Successfully complete minimum of one practical scenario
- Attend and participate in 100% of the course
- The Professional Responder
- Responding to the call
- Infection prevention and control
- Anatomy and physiology
- Airway management and respiratory emergences
- Circulatory emergencies
- Hemorrhage and soft tissue trauma
- Musculoskeletal injuries
- Chest, abdominal and pelvic injuries
- Head and spinal injuries
- Acute and chronic illnesses
- Environmental illnesses
- Pregnancy, labour and delivery
- Special populations
- Crisis intervention
- Reaching, lifting and extricating patients
- Multiple-casualty incidents
- Marine environment
Upcoming Advanced First Aid in Calgary:
- No upcoming dates at this time.
The Canadian Red Cross issues digital certificates by email to all successful participants.