This fit test uses an irritant smoke or odorous material. Testing of this kind is acceptable and limited to checking filtering for N95 masks. The respirator wearer uses their sense of smell to detect leakage. These tests are fast, require no complicated equipment, and are easily performed. The outcome relies on the wearer’s subjective response (pass/fail).
The only way to really be sure that your respirator fits is to have a respiratory fit test done. Book yours today!
Approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
Maximum of 2 years.
Annual re-testing is recommended.
Qualitative mask fit test - $49 + GST
If you bring your own mask, $34 + GST.
Please ensure that you meet the following requirements prior to attending
- No food or drink within 30 minutes of your appointment (this includes gum)
- No smoking within 30 minutes of your appointment
- Areas that contact the mask/seal must be clean-shaven
Please come to your booking pre-shaved.
Our qualitative testing is approved for the following schools
- University of Calgary
- Mount Royal University
- Bow Valley College
- Lethbridge College
- Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT)
The above list is a short list of the popular schools we offer our programs to. Our certifications meet the approval of all schools and workplaces that need qualitative respiratory mask fit tests.
Once I am fitted, can I usee any brand/make/model respirator As long as it is the same size?
No. A fit test only qualifies you for the specific brand/make/model/size of respirator with which an acceptable fit testing result was achieved.
You should wear only respirators of the same brand, model, and size that you wore during successful fit tests.
Note: respirator sizing is not standardized across models or brands. For example, a medium in one model may not offer the same fit as the same or different manufacturer’s medium model.
Alberta OH&S guidelines
According to Alberta OHS Guidelines Fit testing must be done when the respirator is first issued and then at least every two years thereafter,
If the respirator type changes,
if conditions at the workplace change, weight fluctuates, facial or dental alterations occur.
Are private group mask fittings available?
We have the following N95 masks in stock: Dasheng DTC3Z, 3M™ 8110s, 3M™ 8210 and 3M™ VFlex 9105s. It's important you confirm what your organization uses & stocks prior to your appointment. If not, you must bring your own.
- Saturday, 2:00pm - 2:30pm, 2:30pm - 3:00pm, 3:30pm - 4:00pm
- Sundays, 12:30pm - 1:00pm, 1:00pm - 1:30pm, 1:30pm - 2:00pm, 4:00pm - 4:30pm, 4:30pm - 5:00pm
- Monday, 2:00pm - 2:30pm, 2:30pm - 3:00pm, 3:00pm - 3:30pm, 3:30pm - 4:00pm
- Tuesdays, 5:00pm - 5:30pm
- Thursdays, 1:00pm - 1:30pm, 4:00pm - 4:30pm, 4:30pm - 5:00pm, 9:00pm - 9:30pm